Fantasy Dreamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fantasy Dreamers

All your need for Touhou music

HomeHome  Chat RoomChat Room  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canon Character Personalities Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tetsamaru
Before Windows
Tetsamaru

Canon Character Personalities Guide Empty
PostSubject: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Anyway, I think its best that fans never forget the Canon personalities of the characters, because I'm starting to think that the Internet-memes are getting a bit outa control.

For starters, There are no confirms lesbians in Touhou, theres one in Seihou, but hey, lets not go there.

Reimu - Is less lazy than you think, shes the one that took the time to invent the spell card rules so no one would get hurt.

Marisa - Loud, abrasive, knows what she wants, heh, actually, as far as internet memes go, she hasnt really lost much personaility.

Rinnoske Kourindo - Besides Genji and Youki, the only confirmed Male in the Touhou series. Hes got a whole lota a book smarts, not very much street smarts, though you'd think the guy would pick up on some of it. Technically a servant of the Kirisame family, though hes not living with Marisa anymore. Whether Marisa just want to give Kourina break or let him free has yet to be seen. Hes an intellectual, so it shows in his speeches. Hopes one day that Marisa becomes a great magician, is a bit annoyed by Reimu, but it can be considered an freindship of convinience(According to Reimu anyway).

Alice - NOT a tsundere, shes a loner, and shes not vying for Marisa's affection.

Patchouli - NOT madly in love with Marisa. Shes just a shut-in Bookworm. Shes the type of person to usually get straight to the point since shes an intellectual.

Koakuma - According to Zun,she actually has a somewhat devilish personality and likes to play some tricks. However, 2 sets of fanbase personalities were practically already in motion before this info came out. One of which was the short haired child-like Koakuma and the other is the long haired mature hard working Koakuma. Though some Doujin artists have tried incoporating some devilish acts once this info became available.

Remilia - despite her tries at a charismatic attidude, she can be quite as childish as her outward appearance shows, ofcourse, she'd never admit to it. Charisma is everything to her.

Flandre - Hard to pinpoint, but shes been shown to have an erratic personality due to having almost no contact with the outside world. And the only human shes ever had contact with is Sakuya. Shes can be both childlike yet at the same time, wise beyond her years. She may actually be billingual (English-Japanese) due to her conversation with Marisa on a famous book. I suppose when your in a room for almost 500 years, you got alot of time to read. She may actually be one of the smarter characters in touhou, but would have no socialble skills even compared to Patchouli who just sits in her library all day and night. Its been subverted that maybe she wasnt locked in her room but she actually willingly stayed there. There is no concrete proof however so both interpurtations can be considered valid in doujin works.

Cirno - NOT as stupid as shes made out to be, she can actually read.

Rumia - Is probably the stupid one.

Yuka - She is NOT a villian, shes also not evil, shes also not AXE-CRAZY as the memes make her out to be. All she wants in life is to just live peacfully in her mansion with her maid in her flower field. She an old yokai and getting older. She lived in the time before humans and Yokai got along so well, so this current age is a mystery to her. To Quote Akyuu "Now is the time when both Yokai and Humans can get together for a drink".

Rikkako - NOT a mad scientist, she just believes science can help better than magic.

Meirin - NOT a bad door guard, the problem lyes that her opponents are just too strong. and shes also not always sleeping on the job.

Sakuya - Is NOT a ruthless killing maid. Shes actualy quite laid back and has the usual "Maid" personality. Shes a little loud like Marisa, but she usually only shows that side of her when Remilia isnt around.

Suika - Not as childish as her appearance makes her out to be. Shes an Oni-outcast. Shes quite mature.

Kaguya - Is actually little ditzy and easy going.

Eirin - The "Mother" of the Entei household. Whether its because Kaguya rubbed off on her or she was always like that, shes also little laid back and has her ditzy moments. Though dont forget she is a genius.

Mokou - tomboyish personality, and still wont let go of her grudge, but the days of endlessly killing Kaguya have lessoned since they can now be in the same party without killing each other, theres a time and place for everything, so she can at least tolerate Kaguya.

Tewi - Very mischivious, likes to play pranks.

Akyuu - Childish personality, though she does have her mature moments when writing her Gensokyo Chronicles. She's also began wondering if its even necessary anymore since Yokai are no longer really attacking humans anymore.

Kiene - Well, shes a Teacher, so shes got a teaching type of personality. She is however very sensitive to the fact that shes a were-hataku.

Tenshi - Not a Masochist, I'm sure everyone knows this, just letting it out there. Other than that, she has a playful personality. Despite what doujins may show, her relationship to Suika and Iku is pretty much unknown since we are never shown much conversation between these 3.

Satori - Quiet and sorta laid-back, she really just lets her pets run rampant.

Koishi - Alot more easy going than her big-sister. And very outgoing.

Parsee - She canically does have a jealous type personality due to her job always keeping her in the same place with no hope of ever having the chance to build solid relationships.

Will update little by little.

Last edited by Tetsamaru on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Tetsamaru2nd
XeroFaith
Boundary Shifter
XeroFaith

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Good job, greatly appreciated. You also have Mod like powers. So you can sticky stuff and edit other post.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.fantasydreamers.org
Yggdrasill
Master Sparker
Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Sir, I think you're forgetting that this is touhou, where the fanon is canon and the canon doesn't matter.

Good job though, I support this.
Back to top Go down
Tetsamaru
Before Windows
Tetsamaru

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Yggdrasill wrote:
Sir, I think you're forgetting that this is touhou, where the fanon is canon and the canon doesn't matter.

Good job though, I support this.

Which is nothing more than a collective opinion. You also seem to be stating the western fanbase of Touhou, which is not all at fault. The reason why that saying exists is because of the language barrier and the inherent people that are making fanfiction and doujinshi that never even played the game. While that kinda thing exists in all series (I've read Naruto Doujins buy a guy that never even seen Naruto), This is even worst because there is no official english version of Touhou.

Not everyone who downloads or buys the game will even know that english patches exists, they may have played the game, but they're just gonna skip through all the dialog because they cant read/nor understand Japanese.

And the thing is, its been getting progressively worst. Back in the PC-98 era, doujins and fanfiction were fun to read, but never escalated bad enough that people forgot who the characters were.

The same thing is happening to the Negima series with its Doujin works and Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. Believe me when i say i've read alot of bad doujins. But those who dont understand japanese wouldnt really know they exists because fan-subbers only translate the good ones. I myself wouldnt translate something that I myself didnt enjoy.

Do know that I enjoy Doujins just as much as the next guy, heck im a manga-ka myself, I'm just also not a fan of certain character memes. I have nothing againts Fanons, they do their thing and I do mine.

Maybe my view may be somewhat different due to my profession. 2 movie directors will see movies diffrently than the average movie watcher. So i guess a fellow story writer will see Zun's story from a different perspective as well.

In the Comike's there is a trap that alot of newbie Manga-kas get into. And thats the Detail-ship. Because the average reader will not appreciate certain things that only a fellow manga-ka will even notice. Things like Panel layout, cloathes creases and even original cover art, also sound FX locations. Will the average reader notice these things? Are you putting the main character on the cover, or just some of your cute characters? Odds are, no, the average reader will not.

I guess what im saying is, is that I'm part of a group of billingual fans that are doing their best to bridge the Easter and Western fanbases of Touhou together so we can all understand each other. Because believe me when i say that on the japanese forums, Eastern fans find your fanons just as strange as Western fans find our fanons.

Theres nothing wrong with trying to bridge the cultural gaps, and the saying "Fanon is Canon" is kinda like an invisible punch to ZUN's face. Thats why he tries so hard on the official manga's to flesh out everyone's personalities so people have more to go on. ZUN appreciates all forms of Fanworks, but sometimes even the creators can be iffed by certain Fanons.

If ZUN agreed with the "Fanon is Canon" saying, he wouldnt even be working on official manga and Drama's for Touhou, because no one would "Want to" read them. But they're are people who do want to see them. He wouldnt put dialog into the games if he didnt flesh out a personality for them for fear that no one would like his way of showing the characters. ZUN works hard on his characters and his games, and whenever I read a doujin that says "Oh, i never played the game, but the [insert pairing here] was just too good to pass up" I face palm. Why do you think ZUN was a little worried about the Maikaze Anime? Because even ZUN is afraid of the fanon escalating to a point where his Canon wont even matter anymore.

Even Ken Akamatsu is getting tired of all the h-doujins surrounding Negima, but hey, its not like he didnt know it was coming with a cast of over 30 girls.
Back to top Go down
XeroFaith
Boundary Shifter
XeroFaith

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Well I can see both side, seeing that Touhou is a Doujin Soft meaning it's fan made. So Zun himself is Fannon, but non the less his fannon is the offical fannon there for it can be called both cannon and fannon. Depending how you look at it.

Now for my input. Talking of course of the cannon/official fannon

"Marisa - Loud, abrasive, knows what she wants, heh, actually, as far as internet memes go, she hasnt really lost much personality."
She seems to run things at her own pace the way I see it.

"Alice - NOT a tsundere, shes a loner, and shes not vying for Marisa's affection."
She seems to like Marisa but only as friend.

"Cirno - NOT as stupid as shes made out to be, she can actually read."
Yea she's stupid, but in the manual she is very powerful for a fairy. Though she doesn't have much wits she makes up for it in power.

"Sakuya - Is NOT a ruthless killing maid. Shes actually quite laid back and has the usual "Maid" personality. Shes a little loud like Marisa, but she usually only shows that side of her when Remilia isn't around."
She seems to thinks she's better then just about everybody around the mansion other then her master. May have a connection with Erin. Missing memory's may link up to Erin and why Erin is wanted. May not even be human.

"Eirin - The "Mother" of the Entei household. Whether its because Kaguya rubbed off on her or she was always like that, shes also little laid back and has her ditzy moments. Though dont forget she is a genius."
She might have used the potion on herself. Doesn't seem to have a lot of emotion. The best she can do is smile.
Back to top Go down
Tetsamaru
Before Windows
Tetsamaru

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:36 pm

XeroFaith wrote:
Well I can see both side, seeing that Touhou is a Doujin Soft meaning it's fan made. So Zun himself is Fannon, but non the less his fannon is the offical fannon there for it can be called both cannon and fannon. Depending how you look at it.

"Eirin - The "Mother" of the Entei household. Whether its because Kaguya rubbed off on her or she was always like that, shes also little laid back and has her ditzy moments. Though dont forget she is a genius."
She might have used the potion on herself. Doesn't seem to have a lot of emotion. The best she can do is smile.

Well, if the dramas and official manga are anything to go by, its just because Eirin has just lived for far too long. Since she was one of the original Lunarians. The difference between her and Kaguya is that Kaguya seems to be taking "Forever" alot easier than Eirin. Eirin on a mental level might just be "Tired" of it. But she does have a sense of obligation to Kaguya, which is why she still here.
Back to top Go down
XeroFaith
Boundary Shifter
XeroFaith

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Tetsamaru wrote:
XeroFaith wrote:

Well, if the dramas and official manga are anything to go by, its just because Eirin has just lived for far too long. Since she was one of the original Lunarians. The difference between her and Kaguya is that Kaguya seems to be taking "Forever" alot easier than Eirin. Eirin on a mental level might just be "Tired" of it. But she does have a sense of obligation to Kaguya, which is why she still here.
Yea i should have probably mentioned that that she is probably tired of living. We don't know have a complete confirming of if she's immortal or not. My take on it is that she is immortal, otherwise she wouldn't have tried so hard to escaping and teaming up with Kaguya as much as she did. That's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrasill
Master Sparker
Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Tetsamaru wrote:
Wall of text

Hmm... it seems I may have been misunderstood. My statement was more a joke then anything. I enjoy both the fanon and the canon. No need to be so serious.
Back to top Go down
Tetsamaru
Before Windows
Tetsamaru

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Yggdrasill wrote:
Tetsamaru wrote:
Wall of text

Hmm... it seems I may have been misunderstood. My statement was more a joke then anything. I enjoy both the fanon and the canon. No need to be so serious.

Ya, i didnt really get the sub-text of your post.

XeroFaith wrote:
Yea i should have probably mentioned that that she is probably tired of living. We don't know have a complete confirming of if she's immortal or not. My take on it is that she is immortal, otherwise she wouldn't have tried so hard to escaping and teaming up with Kaguya as much as she did. That's my take on it.

Well, you could also say Kaguya is doing better because she has Mokou. A rival/freind kind of relationship. I would think that after 1000 years, the whole killing thing is just done for the lulz. Both Kaguya and Mokou attended Remilia's little Moon Rocket party without much going on. If me and my little sister were immortal, i'm sure she wouldnt hesitate to blow my head off every once in a while just because she can without fear of me actually dying.

Eirin on the other hand doesnt really have anyone she can connect with. Shes practically a Guardian for Kaguya but they cant really see Eye to Eye on things. I've seen Doujins of Eirin/Kiene pairings, but unlike Kaguya/Mokou, that wont last forever unless Kiene gets a way to become immortal to stay with Mokou.

The only truley immortal beings in Touhou are Kaguya, Mokou, Eirin (not concrete), Yuyuko (Princess of Death, was given an "Immortal ghost body" for being pure), Shikieki and Komachi since they work as/for Death. Techinically Mima too, but we dont know if shes passed on or not and maybe reincarnated. Dont think i forgot anyone else.

Last edited by Tetsamaru on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh mispellings, how you spurn me so.)
Back to top Go down
XeroFaith
Boundary Shifter
XeroFaith

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Tetsamaru wrote:
Yggdrasill wrote:
Tetsamaru wrote:
Wall of text

Ya, i didnt really get the sub-text of your post.

XeroFaith wrote:

Well, you could also say Kaguya is doing better because she has Mokou. A rival/freind kind of relationship. I would think that after 1000 years, the whole killing thing is just done for the lulz. Both Kaguya and Mokou attended Remilia's little Moon Rocket party without much going on. If me and my little sister were immortal, i'm sure she wouldnt hesitate to blow my head off every once in a while just because she can without fear of me actually dying.

Eirin on the other hand doesnt really have anyone she can connect with. Shes practically a Guardian for Kaguya but they cant really see Eye to Eye on things. I've seen Doujins of Eirin/Kiene pairings, but unlike Kaguya/Mokou, that wont last forever unless Kiene gets a way to become immortal to stay with Mokou.

The only truley immortal beings in Touhou are Kagauy, Mokou, Eirin (not concrete), Yuyuko (Princess of Death, was given an "Immortal ghost body" for being pure), Shikieki and Komachi since they work as/for Death. Techinically Mima too, but we dont know if shes passed on or not and maybe reincarnated. Dont think i forgot anyone else.
Wall of text = A lot of words, makes it easier to just get to the point without scrolling down the page.

That's true Kaguya and Mokou have each other. I can't disagree with you here. Well I am sure Erin will get better in time by just hanging around them.
Back to top Go down
arashi618
Fairy
Fairy
arashi618

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 am

Here's my 2 cents on some canon personalities:

Alice - A loner. She and Marisa has a love/hate relationship. Is arguably the kindest youkai in the series (arguably, because Meiling has a good relationship with other people outside the SDM) if a bit creepy.

Meiling - She's far stronger than what fanon has made her to be. She could take down Sakuya in a duel as evidenced in her winning quote in 12.3. She actually has a very good relationship with Sakuya and Remilia.

Marisa - Is also a liar.
Back to top Go down
Raymu
Some Type of Intelligent Being
Raymu

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Well I think Even if Patchouli does have a soft spot in Her heart for Marisa, weather it be just as Friends or something else, She wouldnt show it.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgamers.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon Character Personalities Guide   Canon Character Personalities Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon Character Personalities Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantasy Dreamers :: Touhou-
Jump to: